Saturday, May 1, 2010

THE FACE TIME THEORY OF CREATION


In the last few months or so I have read about so many authors, scientist, pastors and theologians who have all aligned themselves with a different understanding of Genesis than what is intended from the natural reading of the Word of God. Some professing Christians are so persuaded that science has proven evolution that they find themselves in a jam trying to reconcile their decades of faith in God and His Word with Science.

Now mind you, I am not a scientist or even remotely close to one. Matter of fact it completely bores me. A few months back our family went to Epcot and Animal Kingdom at Walt World Disney. At both these theme parks the science of evolution is presented as FACT that it made me sick to think how many children and young adults will allow that theory to persuade them as it is woven into even our entertainment world. Entertainment with God creating it all would have been so much more amazing than what they threw together.

For all the theories that man says” “this proved evolution” there are equally a group of scientist who blow holes in each theory and go back to the bible and say the Word remain true.

So where do we get the theory of Creationism anyway? We get it from the Book of Genesis and the book of Genesis (meaning the book of beginnings) was written by Moses while he spent time with God in his calling and Journey. So how did Moses know what happened in the first 11 chapters of Genesis that reflect all the origins of creation? Some say it was oral traditions that were passed down. Given the age of Adam through the next 8 generations, that would make perfect sense. Perfect sense that is, if you can accept that Adam lived to be 930 years old. Or that Noah lived to be 950 years old. (Genesis 9:28-29). Which I do accept, but I don’t think even Adam would have had the details Moses writes down prior to own existence. I suppose God could have told Adam and down the line it went, but I do not get the impression that Adam walked especially close to God as Moses did. So I believe even Moses had more details then even oral tradition would have passed down. So where did the detail info come from?

Did oral tradition get passed down or did he find the family heritage album or was there another method? Maybe he just imaged it as a good story to illustrate a deeper meaning since at the time they did not have the means to figure out evolution and the scientific process. Or could it be that God actual told him all the details and as a secretary he wrote it down word for word what happened? After all, Moses was hanging out with God for at least a solid 40 days and nights two times in a row.

So what evidence is there that the Creator Himself told Moses the details of the origin of man and creation? I can not remember how I was born or came into existence accept that someone told me the details. Even if Adam did evolve from an ape and then God dropped or impressed on that first official human being a spirit and soul to live forever, would not God had made sure that story was passed down correctly?

The following verses in Numbers are such a key to trusting God’s word (numbers 12:6-8) (NIV)
6 he said, "Listen to my words:
"When a prophet of the LORD is among you,
I reveal myself to him in visions,
I speak to him in dreams.
7 But this is not true of my servant Moses;
he is faithful in all my house.
8 With him I speak face to face,
clearly and not in riddles;
he sees the form of the LORD.
Why then were you not afraid
to speak against my servant Moses?"

So of all the inspired Words of the prophets and writers of the O.T and N.T. Moses was Face to Face with God himself. If Moses writes down that Adam was created from dirt and God breathed the breath of life in his nostrils that is enough for me. If God said that He created the living creation from a void of mass in 6 literal days that settles it for me.
If science tells me there is evidence that the earth is 4 billion years old and it conflicts with God’s word then either science has it wrong or there is still something missing in science that they cannot explain. So when conflict comes based on theories or testimony I will still trust God’s living Word and the testimony of Moses and God before I will trust a bunch of men who are all fallible. Was Moses fallible in taking noted from God? NO. Face to face with God is a supernatural encounter and supernatural means enhancement above the natural world.

As I read about the lives of most of the current authors of scientific theories and even the Christian professing biologist (including Darwin) and their theories I find a common thread I observe. Most of those who have embraced evolution or intelligent design as a process beyond 6 literal days all seem to be doubters or backslidden from their Christian heritage if they even had one.

I find it interesting that those who today promote other than the biblical account as God intended have gone through doubt and abandonment to some degree or another when science became more authoritative than God’s Holy Word in their lives.

Will you choose the theories of man and science or a man who claims to have spent well over 40 solid days with God face to face? I suppose it takes faith to trust either theory. In my life time science has changed its evidence on things a number of times, yet God’s Word stays the same for several thousand years.

When you go to read about science and its theories ask yourself what the journey of the men writing about it is like. Most authors I have discovered who write about another way of looking at the beginning do not have a very strong spiritual background or anointing. However, the author of claims that I trust the most spent lots of FACE time with God himself unlike any human being since creation.

So whose inspirations and word’s should you trust? The men who spent little time with God, or abandoned God or spent no time with God or a man who spent Face to Face time with God and helped lead over 1 million people from bondage with a stick? Moses has the best testimony going and I am sticking with the testimony of the man of God who had face time.

No comments:

Post a Comment